Temples and Festivals of South India and Malaysia
December 16, 2011 • Spiritual Adventures
South India and Malaysia, Jan-Feb 2012
A spiritual adventure of festivals and ancient temples.
The journey is very much focused on visiting temples, exploring deeply the mysticism of Hinduism, meeting the priests and monks, participating in mystical ceremonies in the sanctums of 1000 year old temples and more. I’ll conduct classes along the way sharing with you about Hinduism, its culture and traditions, and the simple practical tools that it shares to help us in our daily lives.
Join this life changing spiritual adventure as we journey to some of the most sacred locations in southern India, long the catalyst of many profound and ineffable inner experiences for countless spiritual seekers.
- Embark on the pre-dawn 10 mile walk around the sacred Arunachala hill in Tiruvannamalai
- Meditate at Virupaksha cave and sit in silence at Ramana Ashram
- Worship at Chidambaram’s famed Siva temple and be awed at this magnificent edifice that is thousands of years old
- Enrich your life with classes on Hindu metaphysics, meditation and culture
- Journey overnight on an Indian train to the island of Rameswaram, just miles from Sri Lanka
- Bathe in the waters of the 22 sacred wells that are believed to have mystical powers at the island’s magnificent temple.
- Explore the ancient cultural capital of the south, Madurai, with is spectacular and powerful temple to the Goddess Meenakshi
- Journey to Malaysia and end our adventure celebrating the powerful Thaipusam festival at Batu Caves amidst a million other spiritual seekers.
Click this link to learn more about our temples and festivals spiritual adventure to South India and Malaysia at the end of January 2012. We hope you will be able to join us.
South India’s Mouth Watering Treasure
Tamil Nadu, the land of the Tamils, was dominated by the Dravidian culture for 2500 years. The cuisine is distinctly different from that of the north, and is based primarily on rice rather than wheat and an abundant use of coconut. With a largely vegetarian population like much of India, Tamil Na...Read More
Madurai’s Sacred Citadel to the Goddess
Madurai’s Meenakshi Temple in South India, Hinduism’s grandest citadel to the goddess, is a sacred place of pilgrimage for Hindus the world over and one of the most famous temples in India. This temple, centuries old and hand carved out of granite, covers an area of 16.5 acres. In Mad...Read More
Ayurveda and Yoga Retreat in South India
An invitation to join Jasmine Grace on a Vedic Adventure in South India from Nov 29 to Dec 10, 2017. “On my upcoming fifth trip to India, I feel it is a deep honor to guide beautiful beings through the soul-stirring and beautiful land of India. In true Dandapani style, this is no ordinary yoga&he...Read More
A life-transforming journey awaits you
Every year I conduct a retreat in Asia which is open to the public. These journeys are opportunities for people to get away from their daily routines, study with me in a deeper way and embark on a journey of self-transformation. In February of 2017 I’ll be guiding a group of individuals on ...Read More